We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative Key Stage 1 Class Teacher who has the passion and commitment of working with young children.
Our client is a school based in Beeston, Leeds (LS11). The successful candidate must be knowledgeable about the curriculum and passionate about young children's progress towards leaving primary school. This welcoming school offers a supportive network and leadership team for all staff.
This is a full time, long term role for at least 2 terms on a supply contract due to a long term sickness absence, however, depending on the permanent class teachers health and how well the candidate works within the school there may well be an opportunity for the role to become permanent within in the school.
This role will be starting from January 2021 until July 2021 with the possibility of a permanent contract.
This role will be based in a Year 1/2 mixed class. This is a 2 form entry Primary School and the selected candidate will be working collaboratively for planning with the other KS1 Teacher in school.
Suitable teachers will need to have:
- A solid understanding of the curriculum for KS1 and know how to track pupils progress
- Ability to plan and deliver creative and motivating lessons
- Skills to ensure positive management of children's behaviour
- Vision, commitment and the ability engage pupils with varied abilities
- Strong Behaviour management
What is required for this role
- QTS (Qualified Teaching Status)
- Valid DBS on the update service, we can support you with the application if you do not currently have one
- Candidate must have a positive attitude and have experience teaching ideally in KS1
- Candidates applying must have previous experience working with Primary school aged children in a professional capacity
- Have at least two education based references from your most recent employer(s) which are 'GOOD' or 'OUTSTANDING'.
If you are interested in this role please contact Charley Alexander at the Leeds Wakefield Primary branch on the contact details below or, register to Teaching Personnel online.