On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor/Manager, the Caregiver 1 provides personal care services to On Lok participants receiving home care and/or day center services. At On Lok, Caregivers provide the same services as a "Personal Care Attendant" position referred to in the PACE regulation (42 CFR Part 460).
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides personal care/escort assistance according to the individual care plan (i.e. grooming, dressing, peri-care, showers, bathing, toileting, housekeeping, meal preparation/feeding, laundry) and reports observed changes in the participant's condition to the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates safe practices, by utilizing proper body mechanics, adhering to universal precautions, and maintaining environmental safety.
- Interacts and provides services to participants, families and interdisciplinary team, in a professional manner (i.e. encourage participation in conversation and activities).
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Minimum one-year experience working with the elderly or frail population required. No certification required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
- Flexible to work in multiple environments including home or center.
- Positive can-do attitude, conscientious, compassionate, thorough.
- Basic conversational English skills required; testing may be required.
- Bilingual may be required with ability to speak primary language to care for participant population; language testing may be required.
- Able to translate/interpret basic information for supervisor/manager, participant and other caregivers; testing may be required.
- Able to document care related items in Basic English (e.g. check off items on flow/monitoring sheets, simple words, etc.) on designated forms or electronic health record.
- Physical requirements: Ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and repeat motions of the wrist and hands. Must have visual acuity. Must be able to lift/move weight that is within individual physical ability and use appropriate lifting devices or request assistance when needed.
Below are additional qualifications only if your assignment is based out of the Montgomery Center:
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Bilingual (Cantonese and English) required.
- Experience working with seniors with dementia required.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (#removed#). Job Posted by ApplicantPro