THOR Solutions is actively seeking a highly motivated Gas Turbine Main Propulsion & Control Systems Subject Matter Expert (SME) to act as a Team Leader for a Navy Readiness Assistance Training Team (RATT) program based in San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate will have SME-level technical experience supporting Gas Turbine Main Propulsion & Control Systems obtained as Engineering Officer of the Watch, Propulsion Plant Watch Officer, Chief Engineer, or equivalent responsible for overall propulsion plant operations and associated control and auxiliary systems on U.S. Navy Guided Missile Cruiser (CG) and/or Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) (CRUDES) platforms.
The candidate's responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) performing, supporting, or supervising the following actions:
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures.
- Assess shipboard level of knowledge and provide focused training to improve readiness.
- Evaluate and provide feedback with recommendations for improvement on engineering system performance.
- Provide training on operation, maintenance, and best practices for engineering systems.
- Document deficiencies and generate 2-kilos as required.
- Generate discrepancy reports and provide to the customer via Material Deficiency Report (MDR) and Material Deficiency Forms.
- Assess shipboard readiness to train and provide safe to train status to customer prior to conducting training.
- Comply with applicable safety standards.
- Provide reference information and specifications for all deficiencies.
- Serve as senior technical trainer assisting shipboard crews to increase fleet readiness.
U.S. Citizenship Requirement:
- This position is associated with a government contract which explicitly requires all personnel to be U.S. Citizens. Only eligible applicants may be considered.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must already possess and be able to maintain an existing, active SECRET security clearance.
- Candidates without an existing, active SECRET security clearance may not be considered.
Required Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate or associates degree or extensive demonstrated experience in a management role.
- At least 25 years of supervisory experience in analyses, information system operations, and implementation of technical projects.
- Supervisory main propulsion experience with Navy surface ship maintenance processes.
- Extensive experience as shipboard Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW) on multiple ships.
- Extensive experience in Navy Ship main propulsion engineering on multiple ships.
- Maintenance/training staff experience (e.g. Immediate Superior In Charge (ISIC), Type Commander (TYCOM), or Afloat Training Group).
- In-depth knowledge of Navy ship depot level maintenance processes.
- In-depth knowledge of the theory and workings of surface ship maintenance processes.
- Proficiency with common productivity software including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- This position includes up to 50% travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
Typical Physical Activity:
- This position's essential functions typically include (but are not limited to): climbing, crawling, fingering/typing, hearing, kneeling, lifting, reaching, repetitive motion, sitting, standing, talking, vision, and walking.
THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing Center for Veteran's Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering, project and program management, business and financial management, technical support, integrated logistics support, training support, fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the nation's most complex military, public sector and industry challenges.
THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the law.
THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not discriminate against a qualified applicant because of their status as a protected veteran, or their relationship or association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family members.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part the employment selection process, please contact us at #removed# or #removed#.
If you would like to view a copy of THOR's affirmative action plan, please email #removed#
Powered by JazzHR