Company: NOVATECH AUTOMATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
NovaTech Automation is a producer of automation solutions for the electric power and process industries. Our products and services simplify complexity, reduce risk and extend the capabilities of the engineers and organizations making the world's power grids and essential process industries more reliable, efficient, sustainable and secure.
About the Role
The Manufacturing Technician - Orion will be responsible for assembling the brain behind our remote monitoring and control systems used within substations by electrical utilities. We expect our Manufacturing Technicians to be self-starters capable of building several products daily within a technological and rewarding environment. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with drive and responsibility to work independently. We also value candidates that continuously pursue learning and are passionate about technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and understand bill of materials and standard operating procedures.
- Fit and assemble electrical and mechanical parts to specifications.
- Use basic hand tools, soldering equipment and laptop.
- Install identification tags and use handheld bar scanner for inventory control.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in work and common areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED; 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness utilizing Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and mechanically inclined.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Represent NovaTech Values - Service, Innovation, Integrity and Teamwork
What to expect from us
- Opportunity to quickly learn and develop skills for professional growth
- Stable work in an essential industry at an industry-leading technology company
- 40-hour work week with overtime occasionally
NovaTech Automation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR