Medical Coding Specialist
Our client provides a wide array of billing and practice management services, billing and coding software solutions, and anesthesia advisory services to help independent practices, hospitals and surgery centers improve their financial and operational performance. We are currently hiring a reliable and hardworking Medical Coding Specialist in San Diego to join our team.
Schedule: Monday – Friday; direct hire position.
Pay: $45K-$60K DOE
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
· Good customer service skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
· Experience and knowledge of EOB’s, ICD10 & CPT Codes, and processing denials
· Able to complete a HCFA 1500
· Understands working in a team environment for the success of the team
· Ability to utilize PC using word, excel, custom billing software
Essential Functions and Tasks:
· Log batches in as received and out as returned in the charge journal
· Manage batches on a first-in, first-out basis
· Review the anesthesia record to identify all procedures and diagnosis
· Code procedures and diagnosis using only current year coding manuals
· Code all procedures with appropriate CPT codes
· Code all diagnoses with appropriate ICD-10 codes
· Recognize inadequate and incorrect documentation
· Use available resources to resolve documentation
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Must be certified by a nationally recognized coding program
· At least 2-4 years of coding experience preferred
· Anesthesia or surgery coding experience preferred
· In depth knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 coding system
· Knowledge of health information documentation
· In depth knowledge of medical terminology
A little more about us:
At Medical Professionals, we’re all about you! We help talented job seekers find short-term and long-term positions that fit their abilities. As a quality healthcare staffing firm we open doors for our employees. You’ll have an opportunity to work at one of our exceptional clients spanning from hospitals, medical groups, specialty practices, to health plan providers, DME and related companies. Our sole focus is to ensure that our clients get the best person for the job, and just as important, that you get the best position for you.
Role: Medical Coder- Direct Hire!
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.