A secondary school in Bournemouth are looking for a suitably qualified History Teacher on a full-time basis from March 2021. The position is to teach History at KS3 and KS4 in a supportive and thriving humanities department of 6 staff members. The successful teacher will be fully supported with plenty of opportunity for career progression. Applicants are welcome from Newly Qualified Teachers to experienced Teachers of History. The school was inspected by Ofsted and judged to be “good” in it's most recent inspection, including behaviour of students and leadership and management.
- To play a crucial role in developing and adapt the classroom curriculum to meet students' needs and ensuring that students develop a depth and love of the subject
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students
- To make sure all students develop a deep and connected knowledge and skills of the subject
What we are looking for:
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes
- To assist in the development of appropriate schemes of work, resources marking policies and teaching strategies in the subject area
- To ensure that the classroom curriculum is well planned and logically sequenced to help students learn the subject
To apply for this position please submit your most up to date CV.
Closing date: 8th March at 12PM