We are delighted to be working in a retained partnership with the UK Subsidiary of an International Brand to recruit a new Finance Controller. With huge growth plans in place via both organic & acquisitive routes, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a real success story.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Define and develop the department structure to meet its objectives
- Preparation of statutory accounts to ensure compliance with the Group's accounting policies, and local GAAP.
- Co-ordinate and develop annual budgets and quarterly forecasts and monitor actual performance against plans.
- Ensure financial reporting requirements are timely, and meet group and other departmental requirements.
- Develop systems, procedures and controls, to ensure the efficient operation of the Finance Department, and assisting other departments as required.
- Ensure an accurate cash-flow forecast is prepared on a regular basis and identify and develop corrective actions to try and ensure free cash generation meets budget targets.
- Ensure procedures are in place so that payments and transfer of funds are approved by authorised signatories.
- Negotiate and arrange for the financial requirements of the Group, as required.
- Manage the accounts receivable function to ensure effective credit controls, minimise overdues and bad-debts.
- Ensure all aspects of insurance are managed effectively, in particular the annual insurance renewal process, and any non-employee liability claims.
- Ensure that all statutory and non-statutory filing obligations are met for Company Secretarial, HMRC and banking requirements
- Other duties include, preparation of the executive payoll, financial modelling, asset finance, assisting in contractual dealings and other ad-hoc duties as necessary.
- Provide a main point of contact with Bank agency, DIS, HMRC, insurance brokers, auditors and tax agents.
We are looking for individuals with a good personal presence and a strong personal leadership style combined with a confident, robust and hard working approach are critical to the success of this role. Technically capable, commercially aware and possess the ability and communications skills to influence people at all levels. The successful candidate must be capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding and strong technical knowledge of all aspects of financial reporting including tax, treasury management, financial accounting, IFRS, all statutory and regulatory matters.
We are looking for an ACA Qualified with demonstrable leadership ability and an excellent track record in leading a finance function.