We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers / Carers to join an existing specialist care team in Camborne. You will be supporting a gentleman, living in his own home, who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- Provide assistance with full personal care (washing & dressing).
- Assist with domestic tasks and food preparation
- Support in attending appointments and therapies
- Support in social activities and holidays
- The right candidates will be patient, outgoing and with a good sense of humour. You will be proactive, flexible, trustworthy and reliable.
- You must hold a full manual driving licence, and be confident to drive this gentleman's vehicle.
- Previous care experience, would be desirable. However; you will receive ongoing specialist training and it is not essential.
- Please be aware that the gentleman's home is a completely non-smoking environment.
Benefits including: 28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training, Auto Enrol Pension, Personal Development Opportunities
Rate Of Pay: £9.75 per hour and £65.00 per sleepover
- Day and sleepover shift (24 hour shift) 0800-midnight - 8 hour sleep-over midnight-0800.
- Part-time hours are for 6 x 24hr shifts per month
- You will be working within a small team providing care and support all year round, including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential.