LVN Opportunity in Hospice - Thousand Oaks, CA
We are seeking a LVN to join our amazing and expanding team! Los Robles Homecare and Hospice prides itself in creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of a stable work-life balance, and providing exceptional patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated an satisfied when you are part of the Los Robles team.
As a LVN with Los Robles, you will provide care to terminally ill patients, support their families and collaborate with healthcare professionals, during their final stages of life.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have knowledge and skill in caring for the terminally ill. This includes direct patient care, educating families, providing care aligned with patient's values and providing support for patients and families. We seek a compassionate nurse with excellent interpersonal skills, who possesses a thorough understanding of hospice philosophy and care. Our purpose is to improve our patients quality of life during their final days, with dignity, comfort and support.
Availability and Area Coverage
We're looking for per diem coverage as well as On-Call & Evenings/Weekends.
We're available 24/7 for our patients while creating work/life balance for you! We provide care for patients from Ventura County to San Fernando Valley.
- Provide care in various community settings (ie. SNF, AL, Home and RCFE)
- Administer and educate caregivers about medications & medical supplies/equipment
- Provide skilled nursing visits for patients (ie. symptom visits, wound care etc)
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members (RN, MSW, chaplain, HHA, volunteers)
- Timely charting of all visits
- Work closely with collaborating RN case manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Must possess a current, unrestricted California Licensed Vocational Nursing license and CPR certification
- Minimum 1 year experience in home health and/or hospice
- Must be able to pass required background check
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and practice of infection control guidelines
- Must comply with health screening and immunization requirements
- Familiarity with the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Follow professional standards guidelines for the organizations
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation source and proof of auto insurance.
- Bilingual (Spanish, preferred) a plus (our patients speak many languages!)
Los Robles offers competitive compensation, benefits and provides a great team environment. We believe in caring for both our team and our patients, and are committed to being the employer and provider of choice in the areas we service.
Impact Healthcare prides itself on creating an environment that acts as a magnet for the most collaborative, unselfish, and team-oriented people. With a solid understanding of work-life balance and providing excellent patient care, you can expect to feel appreciated and satisfied as a part of our team.
At Impact, we strive to be the employer and provider of choice. We believe by being invested in our team members and creating a positive work environment, we are able to exhibit and provide phenomenal patient care. If you are looking for professional growth, longevity and an employer who is profoundly committed to patient care and employee appreciation, Impact Healthcare is the company for you.
Role: Hospice LVN- per diem
Location: Thousand Oaks,
Apply for this job now.