Kate Cowhig International Healthcare Recruitment are seeking a Director of Nursing for an acute hospital setting in Waterford. The facility provides outstanding care to patients for routine surgical ailments, as well as more complex and challenging medical conditions. The Hospital provides diagnostic imaging, physiotherapy, radiotherapy and elective surgery to both public and private patients.
The candidate will be required to provide strategic clinical leadership and direction to Hospital services, Nursing and other ancillary services that will report to the office.&
As the Director of Nursing you will be required to be a member of the Hospital Management team, support the delivery of the Hospital strategic objectives and be a leader in the development of a vision for the future.& The candidate will embrace change management initiatives which will improve patient experiences, the quality of care and to ensure the continued development of Hospital services to support the business.
The candidate will be required to have strong business acumen with a real understanding of the private healthcare industry.& The candidate will be required to act as an advocate in the delivery of quality patient safety and continuous learning and development of nursing practice.
In collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer the candidate will play a strategic role on leading in the design implementation and consolidation of the devolved management of nursing services and other relevant functions that support the nursing office. Ensure that the Chief Nursing Officer is appraised of significant nursing developments and trends that may impact on the Hospital and the nursing staff.
The candidate will support, promote and preserve the mission, values and ethos by ensuring the effective delivery of mission objectives in the hospital and the experience program.
- RGN on the current NMBI Live Register
- 3rd level qualification in Nursing/or Health Care Management
- Have 8 years post registration nursing experience and 5 years nursing management experience at a minimum of CNM2 level of which 3 must have been in an acute setting.
- Possess demonstrable and sufficient administrative, leadership and capacity to discharge the functions of the office and have proven management ability and experience.
- Excellent understanding of clinical experience, patient safety, service planning, service provision, patient flows, resource management and managing consultants relationships.&
- A proven track record in reviewing nursing structures to ensure optimal efficiencies and appropriate skill mix are within the nursing directorate.&
- Demonstrates importance of Clinical Governance and it’s role within the Hospital.
- Ability to lead change management initiatives through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Ability to empower and motivate nursing staff that will ensure the continued delivery of exceptional care.&
- A successful track record and background of consistent personal achievement as a manager in a comparable and complex organisation and/or function within the healthcare sector.
- Excellent experience in the area of Education, Research and Practice Development.
How to Apply:
For further information, please email your CV to [... Click Apply...] or call us in confidence on (Ireland)[... Click Apply...]