PROCESS MANUFACTURING FLEXIBLE SHIFT MANAGER-Richmond, CA
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 140 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oils and fats solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Bakery, Chocolate, Dairy, Confectionary, Food Service and Special Nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in Personal Care products, Candles, Animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. Our unique Co-Development approach brings our customers’ skills and know-how together with our own capabilities and mindset for lasting results. Please visit our website at #removed#
We are currently seeking to hire a Process Manufacturing Flexible Shift Manager for our Richmond, CA manufacturing facility.
This position provides the Richmond facility with a single point accountability for all Production/Operations activities on a given Shift, ensuring that site Operations performs with best in class efficiencies in total compliance (EHSS), Quality, Customer Service and Productivity. Lead and Develop best in class systems and embed in Site Operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly Supervises Operations unit employees on shift by delegating tasks, coordinating and informing employees, and ensuring compliance with all site processes and procedures.
- Accountable to deliver efficient and Safe Production execution during assigned shift
- Manages all work and Employees in Manufacturing Process Operations. Know key process parameters and cause/effects of processing condition adjustments on the process.
- Enforces all Company and site policies and standards, including but not limited to, safety, quality, customer service and productivity. Accountable for the performance and policy adherence of teams under your direct Leadership.
- Effectively communicates Company and Site priorities across all departments
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and optimization in Production and Operations. Effectively utilizes the Management of Change (“MOC”) process to implement RCI (Rapid Continuous Improvement).
- Accountable to execute manufacturing according to Production Plan as established by Supply Chain. Provides feedback on feasibility and realistic scenarios as presented. As needed, without direction, adjusts Production Plan to enable delivery of established customer orders.
- Accountable for all site payroll, timekeeping and attendance for assigned Employees; including completing all related forms or reports.
- Maintains site Utility operation in order to keep Production units functioning. Manages through Site Maintenance team and external vendors to ensure units are performing as required during shift
- Ensures all Production Operations are staffed with trained and qualified Operators to meet the commitments of Plant availability to the Supply Chain; Including by approving and scheduling leaves of absence.
- Hires, promotes, trains, assigns work to, monitors the performance of, disciplines and discharges employees. Completes all HR Related documentation.
- Orients new employees and provides training on all site-related processes and activities
- Provides feedback at regular intervals to team members and conducts performance evaluations of assigned employees
- Appropriately handles employee concerns and complaints
- Informs pre-shift and shift change meetings to communicate any issues, concerns and information as appropriate.
- Maintains teamwork, consistency, and fairness among all employees to foster a positive work environment.
- Administers collective bargaining agreement (CBA) on behalf of management, including represent Company in response to grievances.
- Manages and monitors production performance. Defines metrics for success and ensures accurate accounting. Reviews data and trends in Production to understand underlying issues or barriers to efficiency. Owns resolution of these items by leveraging cross-functional engagement to drive actions to completion.
- Accountable for site material management and inventory. All consumables, Process Ingredients, Process Additives and other Production required materials. Ensures uptime and inventory levels are managed and controlled.
- Creates and manages Production Training Matrix -- including tools, training programs, execution of training, qualification of Operators and maintenance of Operator skill sets. Develops and “owns” all affiliated documents including SOP’s. Accountable for completion of all required trainings for assigned personnel. If not directly enacting training, responsible to coordinate with skilled trainer.
- Accountable to coordinate and ensure continued improvement on site training and skills. Develops specific site training platforms and serves as site Trainer for all Operations related activities.
- Accountable for thorough, complete and accurate execution of all Operator Production worksheets. Ensures distribution, execution and recovery of completed production sheets. Reviews and confirms that data and recordings conform to site process parameters.
- Executes comprehensive investigations on all events/deviations as warranted. Establishes factors leading to an event, identifies and installs counter-measures to Production Operations.
- Manages the coordination of production activities with additional site activities. Ensures continuous knowledge and upkeep of site support materials flow & storage (PPE, Process Materials, Process Ingredients, Process Additives, Site byproducts, Reclaimed Oil, used materials such as pallets).
- Creates Task Breakdowns, JHA/JSA, establish Best in Class (BiC) Ways of Work (WoW) and embed in systematic process throughout all activities in Production/Operations.
- In all duties, exercises independent and sound judgment to make decisions consistent with Company culture and philosophy.
- Ensures safe, reliable, compliant operations during assigned shift.
- Performs thorough investigations to all incidents; identify and embed countermeasures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Develops systems to ensure safe, reliable, compliant operations.
- Accountable for injury and incident management. Serves as first line command and control of events - as representative of the company
- Accountable for site EHS Manufacturing systems - including, but not limited to: Ladder inspections, Safety Showers/Eyewashes, Fire extinguishers, Spill kits, First Aid kits, Haz Waste, Site waste optimization
- Ensures product and all production steps are “Right First Time”. Food Safety and Product Quality are held to the highest standards of integrity. Maintain systems as established by Regional and Local Quality.
- Performs thorough investigations to all incidents; identifies and embeds countermeasures to prevent re-occurrence. Develops systems to ensure Food Safety and Quality compliant Operations.
- Accountable to execute GMP gap assessments - identifies and resolves gaps. Identifies Food Safety/Quality risks on the shop floor and implement systems to reduce risks
- Develops and embeds more robust Quality systems to site - Improves site efficiencies through embedding quality systems and better Process Control through the use of data.
- Responds to all identified or perceived Mechanical failures. Isolates failures from current production by either ensuring safe stop points are executed or by establishing acceptable alternative production methods (bound by all constraints - EHS, Quality, Food Safety, Supply, Mechanical, and Cost). Provides initial troubleshooting and issue identification.
- Assigns and Manages Maintenance group as needed.
- Utilizes local CMMS to document and establish all repair programs.
- Accountable to utilize the Maintenance team to correct items and return to Safe, Reliable Operations.
- Manages the transaction including release and timing of equipment handoff to Maintenance team and safe return to Operations group.
- Works directly with CI group, Supply Chain, Quality and Process Engineering via MOC process to integrate new products to facility.
- With M&R Manager and Site Process Engineer - contributes significantly to enhance site technical platform. This may include Maintenance Planning, Turn-around Management, CapEx Project Development, Reliability/PM schedule development, integration/startup of equipment, or other
4 yr degree, preferably in Process Engineering, plus 5+ years’ experience in a Process Manufacturing environment with proven leadership experience
Understanding of Process Manufacturing Equipment and Environment - key Operational challenges and Troubleshooting
Strong knowledge of Process based industries and their unit operations.
Critical inter-personal skills - Must be able to tactfully navigate and influence with all peers that have varying experiences and objectives.
Compliance: Working knowledge of industry regulations - local, state, Federal - Environmental, Safety (OSHA), USCG, Quality/Food Safety; BRC; FSMA; HACCP
Experience in a 24 hr production facility leading - willingness to adapt and/or have flexible established schedule
Willing to work rotating shifts and weekends
Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to perform troubleshooting, cause finding and taking corrective actions to address system shutdowns in a high pressure environment
Knowledge of Vegetable Oil unit operations a plus.
Experience and/or functional expertise in one of four key site areas: EHS, Quality, Maintenance/Engineering, Manufacturing/Production Systems
Resourcefulness - demonstrated ability to utilize resources to accomplish objectives.
Microsoft Skills - familiarity and ability to utilize common MS Office suite - Excel, Word, PPT
Process Software - Familiarity and understanding of site Process Control software (Wonderware) and HMI Software
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at #removed#
Role: PROCESS MANUFACTURING FLEXIBLE SHIFT MANAGER
Apply for this job now.