The APL Logistics Senior Manager, Business Development will manage an assigned sales territory with the goals of maintaining and growing APL Logistics Warehousing and Transportation (CLS/LTS) related services through face-to-face contact. The sales emphasis will be on warehouse services and land transportation services. Responsible for identifying of APL Logistics sales opportunities in consolidation/deconsolidation, NVOCC, air freight and other end-to-end supply chain solutions.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
· Identifies and properly qualifies business opportunities
· Present to executive levels of the organizations and prepare formal proposals
· Develops pricing strategies, contract negotiations, and overall strategies to increase volume and profitability
· Provides strategic direction for business development and implementation
· Plans and conducts sales calls, communicates customer and competitive developments
· Participates in post-sales implementation team
· Communicates critical account information throughout the organization via email, presentations, and company software (Demand Planning, Siebel, Target Account Program, Customer Profile, RRW tool, etc.)
· Budget for the various assigned markets
· Forecasting Accuracy
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· At least 5 years of 3PL sales experience, selling warehouse solutions. Must be willing/able to bring in new clients.
· Working knowledge of PC-based applications and Electronic Information Systems
· Exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to be influential
This is a remote position that requires 50% travel within the U.S.
APR Supply Co, a third generation wholesaler, can trace its roots back to 1922. In 1934, Mark Tice began working for Lebanon Plumbing Supply Co. which was founded in 1922. Mark Tice purchased a controlling interest in 1947. In 1971, Mark’s son Randy Tice joined the industry, launching his own controls business in 1975, Environmental Equipment Engineering Co. The two companies merged in 1982 to form APR Supply Co.
As an industry pioneer in Lebanon, APR Supply Co. did not have the advantage of learning from other businesses preceding us. However, we learned quickly from our business partners the value of a strong work ethic, and that doing the right thing often comes with a price, as Darwin wrote, “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change”.
Role: Senior Manager, Business Development (3PL)
Apply for this job now.