Looking for a candidate with very strong User Experience Web development and secondly intermediate level (2 - 5 years) Java/MySql server side development (ideally a User Experience developer who is looking to also maintain their backend Java development skills).
These user experience skills and JS frameworks are a must have -- we are looking for someone who is very comfortable in this area.
User experience skills
The UX skills as described above are a pre-requisite. Server side skills would be advantageous only if you are strong on the UX side. Two to five years experience in Java Development with advanced DML and DDL interactions with MySQL. Is very comfortable navigating through a Linux environment and can setup/configure Tomcat and MySql in a linux environment. Strong MySQL and SQL Hibernate Framework experience would be a positive. Comfortable in NetBeans IDE is a plus but not essential.
Work with a truly great team
· Best in the business.
· Highly approachable, available, responsive and reliable!
· We simply blow our clients, suppliers - and even each other - away! Every day. Honest.
Enjoy a unique work environment
· Work from home (we all do).
· No commute. Lower dry-cleaning bills, lunch bills, gas bills, car repair bills, parking expenses and more!
· Company Summits every 1-2 years (last one was in Boulder, CO; prior to that Wrightsville Beach, NC).
Score this opportunity if …
· You’re highly self-motivated, ambitious, and love to make things happen. Fast.
· You’re sick and tired of a typical office/business environment where you can’t get things done, and no one else seems to care about the client anymore. Or about each other.
· You have exceptional programming, organizational, communication and tracking skills. Must be detail oriented and thrive on bringing order from chaos. And it goes a long way if you’ve already lived in the online market research space and have experience engaging with online survey platforms.
· You really, really want to be part of something that you can be proud of!
Lots for you to do …
· Custom programming/developing support for individual survey projects.
· Ongoing development of survey platform functionality based on client and internal needs.
· Liaison with CTO and Project Directors regarding job specific needs and overall platform development specifications and priorities.
· Cloud based server administration.
And other stuff that comes up along the way ;-)
Equation Research is a remote-based full-service brand strategy and communications market research and consulting firm with a broad array of Fortune 1000 clients. We have developed our own comprehensive, enterprise level cloud based survey platform to capture quantitative survey data to support our business.
This proprietary online survey programming platform is used by our Project Directors to author and manage client surveys. The platform is highly customizable and flexible as every project can have differing and evolving needs.
We are looking for candidates to support custom programming for these surveys using this online platform. Candidates must be capable of changing the look and feel and even the behavior or scripting of a survey by using industry standard web technologies and frameworks. This candidate should also be comfortable diving into the backend of our survey platform to program additional functionality and to debug any issues that may arise.
Role: Developer Programmer
Apply for this job now.