Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another - and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got - on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Bar Manager to join our One Square Bar Team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
The Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is ideally located in the heart of Edinburgh's financial and tourist area and is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel in the city with 269 bedrooms, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities with a capacity of up to 500 and the most popular gin bar in Edinburgh, One Square. Additionally the hotel operates the award winning One Spa™, one of Europe's premier advanced city spas.
To work with the One Square Bar team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction. Communicate with Kitchen, Food & Beverage Office, Restaurant Team to provide seamless service for guests and collaboration between departments . To be prepared to work all shifts within the outlets to create a fully multi-skilled and productive Food and Beverage team. Assists in the daily supervision restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. To be responsible for the day to day operation of the outlet and to lead other members during shifts.
· Help to develop and lead an empowered environment for Bar Servers and Supervisors by providing support, knowledge, advice and leadership.
· Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
· Direct all daily activity in the bar area to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
· Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
· Implementation and monitor of internal SOP's and global Brand Standards in order to increase service efficiency
· Allocate and monitor (where necessary) daily tasks to ensure all associates are utilised constructively at all times.
· When fully competent, to work with the senior team to provide effective on job training and coaching of new staff to help develop an highly skilled and motivated team, committed to both Hotel and departmental goals.
· To take an active role in the coaching, counselling and discipline of associates when necessary ensuring compliance with policy and procedures.
· To be actively involved in planning promotions, working closely with the Bar Manager and the F&B Team.
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience within a 5 star environment. Previous supervisory experience would be preferred but not essential.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ideally 2 years' experience within Bar Service
- Awareness of market and trends to ensure we innovate, refresh product offering and service to entice our local and residential market as a destination bar
- Gin is our thing! As a premium award winning gin bar along with producing our gin, experience within this area is essential along with a passion!
- Preparation and attention detail is key and experience in running multiple events simultaneously will be an advantage to ensure a 5* service is always retained.
- Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction and be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
- Experience in training and development of team to retain and provide passion and commitment for our associates is key.
- Must be a Team Player - Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit.
- Have the ability to monitor and maintain other bar server to ensure the upkeep of 5 star standards.
- Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to work to deadlines and a flexible approach to work load and hours
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Role: Assistant Bar Manager
Job Type: Bar Management
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Apply for this job now.