Job Description Job #:
Principal Scientist, Pharmacology, Translational, 982974
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our Bio-pharmaceutical client is growing and seeking a new hire to guide pharmacology and translational studies with CRO partners. In this role, you will help guide rare disease programs in the space of kidney disorders. You will ideally have expertise in genetics, functional translational read through, pharmacology, and past industry experience in related pharmacology programs. If you are interested in learning more about this role contact the Stratacuity R&D team to learn more!
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Expertise with pharmacology studies in patient-derived cellular models
- Leadership of pharmacology programs from discovery stages to clinical handoffs
- Ability to lead successful CRO vendor interactions and perform quality out-of-house studies
- Guide preclinical decision making with project teams using data interpretation to progress studies
- Keep up-to-date on the latest in the field of kidney disorders and related rare disease studies
Primary Role Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Cellular, Molecular Biology or Pharmacology with 5-8 years of industry experience
- Expertise with past hands-on in in vitro/in vivo pharmacology in a fast-paced, small biotech environment is essential
- Ability to design and execute primary cell-based assays, iPSCs, CRISPR generated cells, and work with organoid tissue culture
- Experience with models and endpoints relevant to kidney disease
- Project leadership experience with successfully taking small molecules from early-stage discovery to preclinical development
- Past success in working with CROs is essential
- Ability to effectively communicate study results internally to key stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an evolving biotech organization and adapt to changing priorities and demands
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178. - provided by Dice