Company: TRIDENT INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Group Financial Controller - Real Estate. Our Client is a very successful property investment company. They own a large and diverse portfolio / asset classes from across the UK They are currently looking for a Group Financial Controller to join their accounts function.
Reporting to the management team including a couple of Directors the role be directly responsible for all the group accounting activities such as:
- Preparing group consolidations under IFRS (20 - 30 entities).
- Producing the annual statutory accounts.
- Overseeing and preparing the monthly management accounts under FRS 102.
- Preparing various board reports (financial reports) for monthly board meetings including conducting variance analysis and KPI analysis.
- Attending the monthly board meetings.
- Bank reporting for covenant compliance.
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing the year-end financial reports alongside the Director.
- Creating annual budgets and preparing the cash flow forecasts.
- Liaising with tax advisor for annual tax accounts and reporting.
- Creating and managing SPVs.
- Overseeing the cash-flows and ensuring there are sufficient funds in all accounts.
- Monthly/ quarterly CIS/VAT/ONS returns.
- Responsibility for all personnel and HR functions/records.
- Liaising and assisting house building division in all facets of work i. IT/Accounting/Software.
- Assisting with new projects - carrying out project appraisals and looking at financing.
- Managing the property management software and ensuring all accounting along with property data has been input correctly.
- Ensuring the system is set up correctly to make the accounting processes more efficient.
- Leading and mentoring a small accounting and IT team.
The Person will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a sound technical accounting and systems background. Extensive experience of implementing and using a property management firm is needed, this could be MRI (QUBE / HORIZON), YARDI, TRAMPS or similar. Good leadership and tutoring skills are essential in managing a team of accountants (PQ) as the Financial Controller will be responsible for their future career. The person must maintain a high level of professionalism whilst conducting their work and should be a trustworthy individual. This is a very good opportunity to work with a highly dynamic and forward thinking company.
Follow us on Twitter and on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook