Position: Mental Health Therapist (Bilingual - English/Spanish)
Reports To: Director of Mental Health Services
Work Location: 5350 Machado Road, Culver City, California 90230
Compensation: $57,000 (includes bilingual compensation), + additional compensation for EBP certification and Licensure
Provide individual, family and group therapy to improve the emotional and psychological well-being of children (Medi-Cal recipients) and their families who live in Los Angeles County. Under supervision, assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of clients and their family members.
- Formulate, implement, and re-evaluate a treatment plan through continuous assessment identifying the client's problems, strengths, readiness to change, external influences and current events surrounding the origins and maintenance of the presenting issue, and interactional patterns within the client system.
- Conduct interventions and provide counseling.
- Use computer to compose documents, manage data, and maintain accurate clinical documentation.
- Attend interdisciplinary staff meeting.
Education/ License/ Certificates: MA or MS degree in Social Work or Psychology. Registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an MFTI, or ASW.
Experience: Counseling at-risk children and their families and preparing Department of Mental Health documentation, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of human development throughout the lifespan, interventions based on research and theory, family and system interaction, formal diagnostic criteria, risk assessment, evidence-based practices and assessment tools.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of existing relevant statutes, case law, ethical codes, and regulations affecting professional practice of marriage and family therapy and/or social work. Ability to perform psychosocial assessments and develop treatment plans accordingly; provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to organize work, set personal priorities and meet multiple deadlines as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to use computer software applications for drafting documents, data management, maintaining clinical documentation, and tracking quality improvements.
- Ability to work independently in a community-based service structure, maintaining quality of service.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish).
- Valid California Drivers License, reliable transportation, evidence of car insurance and insurable driving record.
- Pass a Department of Justice background investigation.
- Provide evidence of a negative TB Test initially and every three years thereafter.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants may submit an employment application by visiting our ECF careers page:
Exceptional Children's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Exceptional Children's Foundation (ECF.net) provides the highest quality services for children and adults who are challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities - empowering them to reach their greatest potential. Each year, ECF serves more than 4,800 clients at 15 sites throughout Los Angeles County. Established in 1946, ECF is the only organization of its kind in California to provide a lifespan of services for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Role: Bilingual Mental Health Therapist (Spanish)
Location: Culver City,
Apply for this job now.