Restaurant Management Opportunities in Greektown and Downtown Chicago
At Giordano’s we are passionate about our award winning, world- famous food, and strive to consistently provide world-class service to each one of our guests. Since 1974, with over 40 years and counting, millions of happy guests call Giordano’s the city’s - Best stuffed pizza! Giordano’s is more than a restaurant-it’s an experience!
Giordano’s stands for a culture of Passion, Excellence, Trust and Teamwork. . If you are looking for a fun, passionate workplace with deep dish opportunity- you are looking for Giordano’s!
Giordano’ s is currently hiring a Restaurant Manager :
The Restaurant Manager supervises the daily operations of the front of house and kitchen staff. Responsibilities include training, management of training and operational tools, support to staff, and creating a safe work environment. The Restaurant Manager implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which assists the Restaurant staff in achieving a standard of guest service that meet or exceed the company standards. Participates in weekly scheduling of staff and ordering of product.
Giordano’s offers Restaurant Manager:
- STD, LTD and Life insurance
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Bonus Opportunity
- Performance based growth opportunity
- Attractive hours of operations
Qualifications/Skills for Restaurant Manager:
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation.
Restaurant Manager Essential:
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Restaurant Management Experience- current full-service with bar 2 years+
- Ability to understand and implement cost controls.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Sanitation Certification
Restaurant Manager Desirable:
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
- Previous experience as a bartender or server.
- Previous experience with POS system - preferably Squirrel.
Restaurant Manager Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending, climbing, and stooping.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to grasp, load and carry trays.
- Repetitive hand motion for extended periods of time.
Restaurant Manager Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates all booked activities, i.e., large groups, and parties.
- Oversees & assists in the training and development of front of house and kitchen Staff.
- Maintain effective internal controls within the restaurant.
- Responsible for maintaining budgeted financial goals to ensure maximum profitability.
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Maintains existing programs and policies to ensure the highest possible quality of service.
- Responsible for supervising all staff service during scheduled shifts including but not limited to mornings, afternoons and weekends.
- Oversees the standardization of portions used and assists in controlling of food, beverage, and labor costs.
- Assists with creation of weekly work schedules as necessary
- Handles guest complaints and needs as necessary.
Restaurant Manager Secondary Job Functions:
- Assist with ordering of product.
- Assist with month-end inventories.
- Return business telephone calls and answer correspondence.
- Attend all required meetings
- Assist in scheduling
Submit your resume for consideration today!
Restaurant Manager Bar Manager Service Manager Kitchen Manager Front of House Manager FOH Mana
At Giordano’s we are passionate about our award winning, world- famous food, and strive to consistently provide world-class service to each one of our guests. Since 1974, with over 40 years and counting, millions of happy guests call Giordano’s -The Best stuffed pizza! Giordano’s is more than a restaurant-it’s an experience!
Giordano’s stands for a culture of people, quality, hospitality and accountability. If you are looking for a fun, passionate workplace with deep dish opportunity- you are looking for Giordano’s!
Role: Restaurant Manager - Service Manager
Apply for this job now.