The John R. Jurgensen Company is currently seeking a 2nd shift (4 pm to 2 am or later) Welder. We offer stability, diverse welding exposure and competitive pay. This position offers the opportunity to take your welding experience and exposure to another level in a fast paced, casual environment.
We are a growing diverse organization which is the preferred supplier of asphalt pavement, aggregate products and construction services to public agencies and private companies throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
Experience in welding/fabrication, knowledge of construction equipment, and maintenance a plus. Starting pay based on background, experience, and demonstrated aptitude. Candidates must be able to demonstrate ability, through a written mechanical aptitude test, and a welding/equipment skills test.
Welder Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform MIG, TIG and other types of weld based on project need
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Conserve resources whenever possible to ensure budgetary integrity and client satisfaction
- High school Vocational Welding Program or Post Secondary Trade School Welding required
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (SMAW, MIG, TIG, etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional Certification will be a plus
Jurgensen Companies are the preferred supplier of asphalt, pavement, aggregate products and constructions services to public agencies and private companies throughout Oho, Kentucky and Indiana. Our goal is to provide outstanding quality, customer satisfaction and teamwork at our over 30 convenient locations throughout the tri-state.
Role: Welder- Second Shift
Apply for this job now.