The Sous Chef/Shift Lead is second in command in the kitchen and in charge of production, supervising and training/managing staff. The Sous Chef/Shift Lead insures that all food production workers are performing their duties by quality standards established by the Executive Chef. The Sous Chef/Shift Lead is a managerial position and assumes the duties of the Executive Chef in his/her absence. Assist with planning, organizing, controlling, and supervision of food production functions. The Sous Chef/Shift Lead is an exempt salary position. Pay will be based on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Supervise kitchen staff, dishwashers and cleaning crew at all stations.
· Verifies that all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees.
· Verifies that all sanitation and nutrition practices are maintained by all kitchen employees.
· Supervises and assists in the production of all food items.
· Writes menus using new and creative concepts that are suitable for restaurant clientele.
· Assist in food purchasing, pricing and quality control in receiving food items. Also assist in in proper food storage, inventorying and stock rotation.
· Taste food prepared to ensure flavor, texture and consistency and that those items meet established quality standards.
· Prepare, supervise and execute banquet production.
· Trains cooks and kitchen helpers, handles disciplinary matters giving verbal warnings and formal write-ups.
· Involved in interviewing and hiring new employees.
· Assist in other capacity required in the restaurant.
Required Education and Experience:
High School graduate (GED). Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable. Minimum of three years’ experience in a high volume upscale restaurant as a Sous Chef required.
Must be able to accomplish the following: Requires good physical condition to work in challenging work environment. Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees, dining room staff and guests; able to stand and move about kitchen and dining room for periods over 8 hours; lift pots, pans, etc. up to 40 pounds in weight; read and write to facilitate communication; and have a good sense of smell, taste and touch to understand foods. Able to maintain composure under adverse working conditions and pressure to perform.
Only local candidates will be considered.
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this posting or employer about this position. No phone calls please.
For 40 years, the Bon Appétit GroupSM., formerly operating under Advantus Leisure Management Services, has been serving the Clearwater area. Their first venture, the acclaimed Bon Appetit Restaurant on the waterfront in Dunedin, FL, was so successful they expanded to Café Alfresco, also in downtown Dunedin. Their commitment to the community led them to open retail spaces in the downtown area. Long known for excellent food and catering, they expanded their operations to include food and beach rental concessions on Honeymoon Island, Caladesi Island, Sand Key, and various other area beach parks.
Role: Sous Chef/Shift Lead
Apply for this job now.