High Line ServiceTechnician
Westlake Parts & Service, Westlake Village, CA, US
At O'Gara Coach Companies, we believe employees are the greatest asset in our mission to provide the highest level of quality service for our valued customers.We understand that each employee of the O'Gara Coach team has an essential role in creating the individualized service we provide our clients, and we recognize the importance of employee satisfaction. We treat all employees with respect and appreciation for their contributions to the company, and we provide employees with the opportunity for success as both team members and individuals. O'Gara Coach Companies West Lake Village is always looking for qualified, driven and professional individuals to join our team.
O'Gara Coach Company is a factory-authorized dealer for Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Automobili Pininfarina, Bentley, Bugatti, Genesis, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Rimac and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. O'Gara Coach is recognized as a global leader in automotive sales and luxury client experiences. The award-winning company holds its position as one of the most prestigious auto empires with its large number of international brands. O'Gara spans across three locations with showrooms in Westlake Village, Beverly Hills, and San Diego, California as well as a Motorsport Facility at the members-only Thermal Club in Palm Springs.
• Receive Repair Orders from dispatcher on computer terminal and take vehicle to stall areas
• Perform work as outlined on Repair Order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory
• Communicate with Parts Department to obtain needed parts. Inform Service Manager if vehicle is down awaiting parts,
and pursue special ordering of parts, if appropriate
• Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer
• Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
• Inform Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised
• Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the customer
• Document work performed on each vehicle on the Repair Order using the concern, cause and correction format. State repair diagnosis/description as clearly as possible on your terminal, as this is what the customer will see and how the billing will be determined
• Road test vehicles to quality check work performed as required, keeping in mind that customers' vehicles should not be used for personal errands and should not be operated illegally or unsafely
• Seat belts must always be worn
• Continually monitor status of each vehicle and inform the Service Manager. Escalate "wait" jobs as much as possible. Monitor promised times and advise if there will be a problem meeting a promised time as soon as it becomes apparent
• Ensure that customer's vehicles are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced
• Properly use the special tools and equipment provided by the Service Department
• Maintain an inventory of normal Technician's tools not normally inventoried by the Service Department as "special tools"
• Maintain the workspace assigned in an organized and clean manner
• Produce quality work that displays pride of workmanship
• Review technical bulletins and other publications as assigned by management
• Participate and utilize technical training as requested by management
• Attend training classes as directed by management
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by corporate management
• High school diploma or the equivalent
• Must have valid California Driver's license and be insurable
• ASE certification preferred
• Proficient mechanical skills
• Ability to collaborate with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time
• Ability to collaborate with other dealership personnel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient knowledge of dealership computer systems
• Must have valid in-state driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record and safe driving habits
in order to drive both customer vehicles and a demonstrator vehicle
• Must be a team player with impeccable honesty and integrity
• Maintain a high level of professional personal appearance and conduct
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Posture: prolonged sitting; regular kneeling/squatting; regular walking; regular bending/stooping; regular pushing/pulling and twisting; driving vehicles
• Motion: repetitive hand motion; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; regular walking, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching
• Moving about the dealership to complete auto body repair
• Using hand and/or power tools and equipment consistent with industry standards
• Lifting up to 50 lbs.
• 100% Employer paid Health, Dental and Vision coverage for Employee
• Paid time off and sick time
• Employee vehicle purchase plans
• Discounts on products and services
• Paid training and growth opportunities
We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.