Teacher of Science
Permanent Full time
Salary: MPR/UPR £25,714 - £41,604
Start: April 2021/September 2021
NQT's or experienced Teachers of Science welcome to apply
The school that is considered 'Good' by Ofsted, is seeking a Teacher of Science on a full-time permanent basis to commence in April or September of 2021. The school is a positive learning environment carrying the ethos 'Every child, every classroom, everyday achieving excellence', servicing students of the local community between 11-16. The successful teacher will always strive to encourage students to fulfil their potential, in an inspirational and professional learning environment.
The successful Science Teacher will have exciting opportunities to develop innovative teaching and learning across the curriculum area and STEM departments, and to make a significant contribution to continuing development of a 'forward thinking' department. You will work alongside the other staff within the department to develop the curriculum, schemes of learning, new assessments, and innovative pedagogical practice. The science department is a truly cohesive team, with all staff working together and supporting each other to ensure pupils receive the best learning experience and opportunities they can offer, helping to develop their understanding and curiosity about Science.
The North-East Hampshire based school is within travel distance to London, Winchester, and the New Forest. It is an exceptionally exciting time to join the school as they seek ways to improve and develop new and innovative practices. They also work closely with the local authority, a wide range of training providers, and with other schools across Hampshire. This is an ideal opportunity for NQT's and more experienced teachers of Science, who together with a passion for their subject will have the drive, energy and creativity to work with the existing teams to build on the strong progress already made in the department and wider STEM areas.
Ideally you will be:
- A consistently good teacher, passionate about your subject
- Have a keen interest in developing Science across the curriculum
- Have fun and fully embrace the wide range of professional learning opportunities
- Strong in subject knowledge
- Engage, motivate and enthuse students of all levels
In return you will receive:
- Excellent support and a wide range of opportunities for professional development.
- A dedicated team who place students at the heart of everything.
- Great students who are proud to be part of the school.
- An open and honest professional culture and learning community.
- A well resources curriculum area with your own laptop or iPad.
If you are an experienced or NQT of Science looking to further your career then we would like to hear from you.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will