Start date: September 2021
Contract: Temp to perm
Working Pattern: Full Time
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR2b (£4773.00)
Our partner secondary school in Horsham, West Sussex currently have a rare opportunity within their History & Sociology department for a Head of History Teacher. There are currently four members of the team, all of whom teach at both key stages and have developed their own areas of specialisms and best practice. All staff are also required to teach the Respect curriculum across the year groups and we have developed well planned schemes of work, lesson resources and assessments to support this and maintain the high standards to which they aspire. A successful and friendly 11-16 School, committed to achieving high standards and to developing the potential of all our students and staff.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Be flexible, enthusiastic, well organised and demonstrate strong behaviour management
- Be committed to raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
- Care about students, their learning, and their futures
- Good subject knowledge
- A passion for teaching History and the ability to share this with young people
As an employee of teaching personnel, you will benefit from:
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in schools
- TP Tokens - supporting national children and education charities through your direction
- A dedicated consultant who will keep in touch with you offering support and always looking for the next opportunity for you.
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children of which we, as a recruiting partner share. All staff that meet 'regulated activity' will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) with Barred Lists check before employment commences.