Collaborate with Management to establish and manage a portfolio of process improvement projects that support safety, quality and business objectives of the facility.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify impactful, high value process improvement projects and prioritize the projects to achieve objectives.
- Properly resource the improvement projects for timely completion. This includes identifying and deploying project leaders, team members and financial support as required by the improvement project.
- Manage multiple improvement projects and ensure all projects are properly planned and tracked through sustainment of improvements.
- Identify and remove barriers to team progress.
- Provide coaching to project leaders and teams to ensure that proper problem-solving techniques are used, and robust solutions are implemented.
- Motivate teams to drive change and achieve results.
- Ensure that project team members receive review and feedback on their performance.
- Document and communicate status of projects in the portfolio on a regular basis.
- To management: In Que, Active and Completed
- To employees throughout facility: Completed
- Actively engage and support all safety, quality and business initiatives to ensure changes are deployed using best practices. Includes line changes, new equipment and processes.
- Maintain the capacity to conduct improvement projects within the facility.
- Manage the training of employees to support a continuous improvement culture.
- Maintain inventory of trained resources.
- Establish and conduct organic Lean 101 training process.
- Manage training for Yellow and Green Belts.
- Identify development areas for project leads and team members.
- Continue to develop capabilities with external training on “best in class” continuous improvement methods and techniques.
- Share Best Practices with other MIWD facilities.
- Work with other Coordinators from other facilities to:
- Identify and deploy applicable process improvements from other facilities.
- Communicate potential improvements for other facilities.
- Identify and conduct cross facility improvement projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned in support of facility objectives.
General Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Language: English required, Spanish, Chin and Burmese desirable.
- Minimum Green belt certification, Black Belt preferred.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree, Bachelor preferred, and 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Results oriented “change agent”.
- Project development and management experience a plus.
- Timely decision maker.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently when directed.
- Open to changes from internal and external pressures.
- Understands Continuous Improvement methods and techniques
- Experience in Lean and Six Sigma is strongly desirable
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Excel capabilities required.
- Microsoft Visio capabilities desirable.
- Effective communicator:
- Able to develop and maintain working relationship with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of the organization.
- Effective Influencing, negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Microsoft Word and Power Point capabilities strongly desirable.
- Able to travel as needed
Role: Process Improvement Coordinator
Location: Flower Mound,
Apply for this job now.