- Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role in Blaenau Gwent?
- Do you thrive when helping those in need?
- Are you quick to think on your feet and work as part of a team?
- Do you want to make a difference in the life of a child?
We are working with one of our partnership schools in Blaenau Gwent to find a proactive and adaptable teaching assistant to work with pupils with additional learning needs.
The school is a recent amalgamation of a primary and secondary school. As this only happened in January 2019, the disruption impacted greatly on behaviour and pupil attainment for the first few months. Although the head has made strides to improve the behavioural and learning ethos in the school, September is being as a fresh start so it is an exceptionally exciting time to join.
As the school is a 3-16 campus, the successful candidate will be comfortable working with reception, primary and secondary aged pupils and tailor their strategies and support towards the individual child. The role is expected to eventually become a 1:1 mentor position after half term, but in the initial instance, the school are looking to see where you best fit and are most comfortable. Some of the pupils you will be supporting will have a range of complex needs ranging from autism, ADHD, behaviour issues and illiteracy. Other needs include visual and hearing impairment and cerebral palsy. If you have any experience with any of these then the school would be very interested in hearing about you.
The role is full time and begins December 2nd. The school are looking for the ideal teaching assistant to interview with us ASAP so that they have sufficient time to run an induction.
- December 2nd
- Full time role for the academic year
- Support a range of pupils with ALN
- Blaenau Gwent
Previously, applicants who have come from a coaching or care background have worked well in the school but recent graduates looking to gain vital experience before a PGCE are desirable.
As the schools partnership agency, there is a wide range of support and benefits we can offer you during your recruitment process and introduction into the school.
- Great rates of pay £300 - £350 a week
- Development opportunities and CPD courses
- Introductory trial days into the school
- A designated consultant to assist in your application and vetting process
- Help transitioning onto a permanent school contract after probationary period
If this sounds like something you are interested then click apply today!