Seeking a junior-level risk manager to support a federal program management office in Northern Virginia. Join our team of collaborative self-starters focused on delivering practical and efficient solutions to help our client keep U.S. borders safe and facilitate travel and trade. As part of our high-performing team, you will augment our vital work to provide “eyes and ears” technology to protect our nation. Travel will be required once or twice a month to stations on the southwest and other borders.
You will provide overall direction on risk management to our client’s portfolios, programs, and projects, including compiling information from the projects on their risks and mitigation strategies for an enterprise view of risk. You will track and report on risks using our client’s risk registry. Representative responsibilities:
· Structure a process to manage program and project risks, whether those risks are primarily quantitative or qualitative in nature
· Develop mitigation strategies for identified and assessed risk exposures
· Foster the program’s risk awareness and understanding through discussions and training forums involving all stakeholders
· Create risk management plans and processes in adherence to DHS/CBP processes, policies, and frameworks · Define and execute continuous process improvement related to documenting and maintaining risk management for hardware, software, and infrastructure systems
Ability to pass a government background investigation, including financial, criminal, residential, educational, foreign affiliation, prohibited substance abuse, and employment verifications; active U.S. Customs and Border Protection background investigation preferred. Please note that only U.S. citizens are eligible for a suitability determination.
· Previous work with CBP’s Integrated Fixed Tower (IFT), Remove Video Surveillance Systems (RVSS), Mobile and Agent-Centric Systems (MACS), and/or Field Surveillance Services (FSS) portfolios is a plus.
· 3--10 years of experience and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology (IT), or a related discipline. · Experience with applying industry standards (CMMI, ISO, IEEE) and best practices. · 2+ years of experience tracking and managing risks for multiple complex development programs · Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. · Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders. · Ability to effectively solve problems. · Strong communication skills, both oral and written. · A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment. Certification such as PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
EDR Technology represents a highly efficient team of experienced and driven professionals. We specialize in providing high quality software and network solutions that allow organizations to maintain and access critical information. We are a customer oriented company and our mission is - getting the job done quickly, and getting it done right the first time. Regardless of the nature of the services and size of the project, we never lose sight of the most important thing - our customer satisfaction.
Role: Jr. Risk Manager
Apply for this job now.