Are you passionate about supporting pupils in education?
Many children and young people across the UK have experienced unprecedented disruption to their education as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19). The most vulnerable and disadvantaged children have been disproportionately affected by school closures, and pre-existing attainment gaps between pupils have only become more aggressive and ingrained. In order to help mitigate these adverse implications, the government has allocated additional funding - allowing schools to take on additional teaching staff to support lessons.
Teaching Personnel are working alongside a large trust in Chesterfield to help fill these open teaching assistant vacancies for wehn schools return to full strength afer the lockdown where the demand will have only increased.
Salary: £60-80 per day (Dependent on experience)
Typical hours range from 8:30 - 3:30 with a 1 hour lunch break
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting the teacher to plan and deliver creative and engaging lessons
- Working 1:1 and in small groups with pupils who require additional mentoring, such as those with SEN and EAL profiles
- Adopting behavioural management strategies to minimise classroom disruption
- Monitoring pupil progress and achievements
- Supervising children during lunchtime; coordinating and playing with the children
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with children or a thorough understanding of the complexity of child development and education
- Availability to start work in the upcoming months
- Commitment to securing outstanding progress for all learners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Why use Teaching Personnel (TP)?
- TP are market leaders in education recruitment, with over 20 years' experience in the industry!
- TP can offer competitive daily rates (dependent on experience), a generous pension scheme, ongoing opportunities for professional development via our online portal, and safe working practice
- Successful candidates will be offered free child protection and PREVENT training.
Registration with Teaching Personnel is free of cost.
All successful candidates will be required to fund a DBS certification on the update service. This involves a one-off payment of £40 followed by yearly fees of £13. DBS Certification is an essential for ALL work in childcare settings.
If you are interested in the role, please contact James in the Sheffield Primary Team via email #removed# or call 0114 241 3340. Alternatively, please submit a full CV via the link below!