Greet and/or acknowledge guests arriving within 30 seconds. If a delay is anticipated, it is communicated to the guest with an apology and an offer of additional services.
2. Seat patrons by escorting them to their assigned table, pull out chairs, present wine list and dinner menus. Guests are never to be seated at a table that is not fully set and ready for service.
3. Present menus, engage in polite conversation, create a personal dining experience, answer questions, and offer information on all menu items and beverage items and offerings of the restaurant.
4. Answer the phone in accordance with Switchback standards.
5. Accept reservations for the restaurant by taking the following information: name of the guest, reservation time, number of people in the party and phone number as well as Credit Card number if appropriate.
6. Be knowledgeable with regards to operating hours of all food and beverage outlets, any promotions/events.
7. Learn and be familiar with the restaurant and gift shop environment.
8. Prepare a seating assignment before each meal period, considering special requests of guests and preferred needs of regular guests. Present this to all restaurant staff in the pre-shift meeting.
9. Walk through the dining room to ensure guests are satisfied; answers questions; advises servers and bus persons of any specific service needs.
10. Handle any guest request or complaints within reason or refers to Manager on shift if needed.
11. Maintain work area in a professional manner. Ensure that noise levels in all areas are kept to a minimum.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Expectations: This position is one of very high guest contact and position profile, as such, all established standards of excellence must be maintained at all times and every effort must be made to meet and/or exceed all guest expectations or requests.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Role: Jack's Host/hostess
Apply for this job now.