Must be located within West Midlands
£25 to 28 per hour
QTS and/or QTLS - Essential
ABC Teachers are currently recruiting tutors to deliver tuition to Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils from December 2020. We are recruiting for the following subjects: English, Maths, Science, MFL and Humanities.
As a Tutor, you will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic. You will have the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve and overcome any barriers to learning.
Tuition can be face to face or on our online tuition platform which was designed for education and provides a full suite of tools enabling our tutors to provide effective and safeguarded 1-1 and small group sessions. Tutors and students can easily share, edit, and create documents together in real-time.
Lessons may take place during the school day, or after school depending on your availability and the requirements of the client schools.
To be considered for a Tutor position, you will:
• Have a background in teaching any of the following: English, Maths, Science, Humanities or MFL (QTS/QTLS is essential)
• Have access to a laptop with webcam, and have a reliable broadband internet connection
• When safe to do so, be comfortable attending physical 1to1 sessions when required
• Be comfortable planning and leading sessions online and in-person if required - previous experience is required.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to deliver engaging lessons
• Be available for at least 10 hours per week during school hours
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
**All original versions of ID and documentation must be provided prior to placement to our office when safe to do so. Prior to this, video interviews will take place for those who are shortlisted.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teacers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on 0121 481 2231.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.