• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance REQUIRED
• 5+ years of tax accounting experience, public accounting experience a plus
• Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis
• Understanding of GAAP accounting
• Advanced Microsoft Excel working skills (pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Solid experience in tax - especially sales tax
- Someone who can be the liaison between tax firm and company
- Great communication skills (articulates well) and can really talk tax
- Can talk to tax authorities and negotiate fees/penalties and/or argue our tax position
- Can manage work alone and be accountable - we don’t have a tax department so this person is it
- Advance Excel skills
- Good tenure - too much movement could be disqualifying
- Have worked in large and small companies, private and public
- Good personality and a team player
• Tax, Sales & Use tax, Wage Withholdings, IFTA and IP
• Preparation of personal property tax returns
• Timely and accurately prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual federal, state, local and international transaction tax returns
• Manage monthly reconciliations.
• Gathers requested data for federal, state, local and international transaction tax audits by tax authorities
• Work closely with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams to ensure Tax involvement
• Ensures timely completion and filing of the transaction tax returns for assigned tasks
• Analyzes general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable data to ensure proper recording of transaction tax data.
• General ledger account entries and maintenance
• Month-end close processes including balance sheet and bank reconciliations, actual to budget and actual to the prior year
variance analysis, prepare and enter necessary journal entries
• Updates transaction tax rate tables for the compliance and billing systems.
• Assists supervisor with process improvement and streamlining by identifying and implementing changes to mitigate compliance risks.
• Assists supervisor with research for federal, state and local and international transaction taxes.
• Maximizes utilization and functionality of transaction tax technology decisions and returns system.
• Works closely with the business units to respond to tax questions.
• Liaison to internal and external financial statement users with questions about the financial statements and company accounting policies and procedures
• Internal audit of policies and procedures
• Review and code expense invoices
• Annual budgeting process participant along with Special projects as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Stocker & Associates is a Consulting Firm providing services for Professional Placement in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, and Administrative Support. Located in the Greater Tampa Bay Area, Lakeland, and Sarasota, we have helped many companies keep their staff “Stocked”, especially in times of unforeseen staff changes. Our associates are the best in the industry and specialize in analyzing, consulting, and “Stocking” the organization with ideal talent. We ensure the “Stocking” process will be a smoother, shorter, and more enjoyable transition for all parties involved.
Role: Senior Tax Accountant
Apply for this job now.