- Reading blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed
- Framing walls, hanging drywall, hanging ceilings, installing doors and hardware, wood blocking, and concrete placement.
We are looking for qualified Carpenters/Helpers/Laborers with a minimum of 2 years experience in commercial construction. Must have own tools and transportation. Wages based upon experience.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Lay out flooring, roofing or drywall ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required
Bob Porter Company, Inc. founded in 1979 is a full service Commercial General Contracting and Construction Management firm based out of Woodbine, MD specializing in commercial, educational, government, automotive, retail and Class"A" corporate office environments.
Apply for this job now.