As of December 31, 2018, assets tracking Scientific Beta smart beta indices reached USD 43bn corresponding to one-year growth of 72%. Scientific Beta has a dedicated team of 52 people who cover client support, development, production and promotion of its index offering.
To support our ambitious growth objectives, there is now a need to enlarge the relationship management team in Europe so that we can broaden our reach and build long-term sustainable relationship with our partners. Given the size and importance of the European market, increasing the share of our benchmarks and building an increased brand awareness is of strategic importance.
Senior Business Development, Sales Manager Europe - One vacancy in London - Full-time position
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
Based out of Scientific Beta’s London office, the candidate will be expected to lead relationships with asset owners, consultants and Scientific Beta’s strategic partners across Europe to proactively seek out opportunities to expand our market share and awareness in the index provider space. The candidate will have to introduce the Scientific Beta factor investing offering to the main investment industry market participants.
The candidate will be expected to maintain a relationship with the Client Services Team based in France and Singapore and act as the “eyes and ears” of the support and R&D staff in France, while acting as a “customer advocate” to those parts of the Scientific Beta organisation. The candidate will also be expected to feed back knowledge about key investment trends to the marketing team, senior executives and the Group CEO.
The key requirements for the role are:
- Excellent relationship building skills and proven experience in a business development role involving the sales of relatively complex equity products with proven capacity to achieve sales objectives.
- Must show the ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical territory account plans.
- Willingness to embrace cold calling approaches to open client dialogue and show the ability to win and close business.
- Solid experience and knowledge in the area of equity factor investing. ESG competency would be an asset.
- Experience of working within a quantitative research team with either an investment bank or asset management firm would be an asset.
- Good presentational and written communication skills. Evidence of ability to work at decision-maker levels of management.
- Able to operate relatively independently, whilst working within a broader matrix organisation structure.
- Excellent organisational skills, an ability to work independently and will show initiative and involvement in the activities of the company, as well as diligence when carrying out tasks.
- Willing to travel extensively within Europe as required.
- Graduate of a business school or with a strong educational background in science, engineering and quantitative finance leading to financial skills and knowledge of financial securities, equities, index construction principles, quantitative investment principles.
This is a global position that is based in London but requires frequent travel to Europe.
Salary will be determined according to Scientific Beta pay scale, based on the candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
An EU work permit is mandatory.
For more information about Scientific Beta, please visit #removed# or click here to download the Corporate Brochure.
To apply, please click the Apply button below.