Senior Safety Consultant - Bristol - Permanent - Up to £60,000 - SC or Willing to Undergo
Our clients require individuals who have self-motivation and enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess professional characteristics.
You will be someone who is looking to make the next step in their career and to join a team that will provide all the opportunities for further progression that come with being part of a growing business.
You will be working with clients to deliver WOME related projects; other safety related projects, and will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
Professional in approach and performance, with a proven background in;
- Understanding and application of Joint Service Publication (JSP) 520
- Development and update of JSP 520 Safety & Environmental Case Reports
- Understanding of the Ordnance Safety Review Panel (OSRP) process
- Understanding and application of WOME in the Maritime Domain, ie Defence Standard 00-101, MAP 00-101, JSP 430, Part 3, Chapter 8; and/or Air Domain, ie Air Launched Weapon Release certification in accordance with MRP RA 1350
- Understanding and application of DSA02-DLSR-LSSR; DSA02-DMR and/or MRP RAs
- Experience in the implementation of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation and analysis of results
- Working Knowledge of Industry and Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056
- Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level
- Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance
- Develop innovative Safety Management solutions to support operations
- Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Build sustainable relationships with clients and develop future business opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external clients; and Knowledge of the Defence, Aerospace and wider markets, or major contractor's experience
- Have an understanding of Defence Standard 07-85 and AOP-15
- Have an understanding of Explosives Regulations 2014 (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Have an understanding of The Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 2015
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent, or working towards it
- Knowledge and awareness of their discipline and related disciplines and their developments across varied markets including Defence
- Expertise in hazard and safety risk management
- Knowledge, awareness and ability to generate Safety Cases
- Experienced in development of Safety Management Plans
- Experience of conducting/supporting safety related assessments such as Ship Explosives Threat Hazard Assessment (SETHA), HAZOP, FMECA, ZHA, FTA & ETA
- Knowledge and experience of working in wider markets and the ability to sell their related discipline capability to internal and external clients and across varied markets
- Membership of UK, EU or US societies/working groups, etc.; and Production of articles, papers or conference presentations within their discipline
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.
Role: Senior Safety Consultant
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bristol, Somerset,
Apply for this job now.