The Accounting Manager works closely with Partners, Supervisors, Seniors, Staff, and Clients to facilitate completion of all components of accounting engagements. Including oversight of the accounting department and team members, the Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing all accounting work, reviewing workpapers, completing compilations, interfacing with client executives, participating in accounting financial statement presentations to client, and providing the final accounting documents to clients for distribution. This position will report to one of the firm's Partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Review all monthly compilations
- Review monthly payroll and sales tax calculations
- Review cash flow forecasts
- Review fixed asset and depreciation calculations
- Provides Price Engagement Letter and Proposals
- Review and oversee Engagement CS accounting work ensure timely run around all accounting department engagements.
- Manages Accounting Client Billing
- Enforcement of Billing Policy
- Manages Accounting Department Budgets/Realization/Deadlines
- Utilize Practice CS daily to monitor project status is current
- Conduct weekly accounting meetings
- Attend weekly management meetings
- Work with Dept. Heads to ensure deadlines are met
- Schedule client meetings, agenda and manage report due dates.
- Assist with other client services as outlined in the firm's engagement letter and proposal submitted to the client.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Mentor, supervise, and train accounting staff
- Address client and staff questions and concerns in a timely matter
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Leverage technology to create more efficient processes and enhance staff productivity
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
- Must have 5 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Management
- CPA desirable, but not required
- Computer Skills required: Expert Level experience in Accounting Software (QuickBooks or similar) and Excel is a must
- Experience in the nonprofit industry required
Powered by JazzHR