TMT Disputes Lawyer (4 Years PQE+): This dedicated TMT disputes team are looking to add to their growing team. You will be part of a highly ranked Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners TMT group which operates both nationally and internationally. With substantial growth in high profile cyber, data protection and privacy disputes you will be part of an exciting period at this Top 20 law firm.
This International law firm have over 20 offices globally across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Ranked in the Top 100 in the world and in the Top 20 in the UK this firm is a heavyweight. With specialisms in Energy, Infrastructure, Financial Services, Real Estate, Technology and Advanced Manufacturing.
Innovation is at the forefront of the firm, with numerous awards recognising their investment in Technology and new practices. Often acting on the largest domestic and international projects, they house one of the largest numbers of PLC's clients in the UK. You will be exposed to a large amount of opportunity in this ever-growing firm. With a key plan top further invest in their core areas, you will be part of a firm that has won many Employers awards and Legal 500, the Lawyer and Times leading team awards.
A key benefit of joining this Top 25 practice is you will be exposed to a large amount of international work. With over 20 offices you will receive plenty of opportunities overseas, in particular, a large amount of their associates have benefited from International Secondments. In an ever-changing and growing market, this firm has the brand not only domestically but internationally to really drive your career forward.
This is an exciting opportunity for an TMT Disputes Lawyer (4 Years PQE+) to join this Top 25 law firms City of London office and be part of a wider award-winning TMT group.
The firm has one of the leading and most established TMT practices in the UK. The team operates across office nationally and international with a substantial practice that provides commercial, advisory and contentious services. The group provides a full range of advice and guidance, including relation to outsourcing, e-business, IT Product and service contracts.
The dedicated TMT disputes team works with suppliers and customers in relation to the establishment, management and resolution of TMT projects in both the private and public sector. The team is highly ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. The team has seen substantial growth in high profile cyber, data protection and privacy disputes and expect further growth in the future.
You will be:
Working on large IT and outsourcing contract dispute resolution and dispute avoidance including but limited to:
- Advising clients on rights and liabilities in respect of distressed projects
- Compliance with dispute resolution provisions
- Advising and facilitating remedial measures and appropriate dispute preparation activities
- Advising and facilitating commercial negotiations to fix distressed projects and avoid substantive disputes
Acting on substantive disputes in relation to IT and Outsourcing projects (whether in arbitration, litigation or other forms of ADR) including:
- Termination disputes
- Disputes about scope and delay to projects
- Exit and transition disputes
- Procurement disputes
Supporting the transactional aspect of the TMT group including advice about dispute and delivery risk
Developing close working relationships as part of an cross-departmental international team.
Assisting with business development activities in order to win new clients as well as securing new work from existing clients.
Experience of working in a top tier law firm handling large disputes
- You will be a TMT Disputes Lawyer with at least 4 years PQE (There is no upper limit for the level of PQE and more senior candidates will be taken into account for a senior position)
- You will be currently working within a City or International practice or boutique firm.
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Worked in a respectable TMT or Data Privacy group.
- Actively engage in networking and development opportunities
- You will receive a competitive salary and along with an excellent remuneration package in this Top City firm.
This is a stand out position for a TMT Disputes Associate to join this Top 20 practice in their City of London Headquartered office.
Apply now for immediate consideration, alternatively please feel to email or call for a confidential conversation.