Direct Color Systems (DCS) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of small-format, direct-to-substrate printers and is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. The Inspector role is focused on completing inspection on incoming and in-process electrical and mechanical components and parts along with final inspection of printers and printing equipment. The Inspector ensures product conformance using checklists, processes and procedures, engineering drawings and other quality-related documents. The Inspector uses a variety of measuring and test equipment as well as visual inspection methods to complete assigned tasks.
· Complete the Tech Out (final quality inspection) process on printers prior to their shipment to the customer. This activity includes setting and calibrating the equipment, taking and documenting measurement data, running test prints and verifying against quality standards, making necessary adjustments through the process, and preparing the printer for shipping.
· Complete final inspection on other, printer-related electrical and mechanical parts, components, and supplies prior to shipment.
· Program and test electro-mechanical components prior to shipment.
· Check incoming electrical and mechanical components to verify supplier conformance to quality requirements and standards.
· Perform in-process quality checks and inspections in manufacturing assembly areas to verify internal conformance to quality requirements and standards.
· Complete inspection-related paperwork and sign-off on products prior to shipment.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree in a technical discipline preferred.
· Minimum two years of experience working as a quality inspector or similar quality-related position in a manufacturing environment.
· Able to use standard measuring devices such as rulers, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
· Able to read and understand blueprints, engineering standards, and inspection and quality procedures and manuals.
· Experience working with computers, able to use standard programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Direct Color Systems is the leading manufacturer of commercial and industrial UV LED inkjet printers.
Made in the USA. Distributed Globally
Role: Quality Control Inspector
Location: Rocky Hill,
Apply for this job now.