Job Title: Mitigation / Contents Estimator
Company Name: X.Cel Restoration
Company URL: #removed#
Company Address: 1400 W Eight Mile Road, Ferndale MI 48220
Job Salary: Based on Experience
- Commission Agreement
Summary: Lead an enterprise that specializes in restorative work due to storm, fire, flood, mold and insurance claims:
- Remediation - Mold, Lead and Asbestos
- Water Mitigation Services
- Smoke and Odor Removal
- Personal Property Restoration Services - valuing, inventorying, packing, moving, cleaning, and restoring personal and business property
Oversees: Specialists and Technicians
· A demonstrated ability to provide consistent, effective leadership in an environment characterized by multiple projects in various stages, changing priorities, constant interruption, and emergency demands.
· The developed capacity to render judgments with integrity under conditions of ethical uncertainty.
· A commitment to the interests of customers in particular, and the welfare of society in general.
· An organized approach to learning from experience and a commitment to continuous improvement.
· A combination of specialized skills, training and experience necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the department.
· Execute emergency response protocol including conducting risk assessment, setting customer expectations, implementing loss mitigation measures, and addressing priority return items.
· Prepare and execute contracts; conduct pack-out, loss and/or cleaning credit inventories as required; document pre-existing conditions and replacement cost values as necessary.
· Prepare contents, mitigation and restoration estimates, budgets and work orders and make work assignments.
· Pack, move and store contents using bar code inventory controls; maintain shop security.
· Process contents through cleaning, deodorization, repair, restoration, return and acceptance;
· Document job costs and unanticipated conditions.
· Purchase and inventory shop supplies; maintain contents handling and processing equipment.
· Supervise staff training and development; measure productivity and effectiveness.
· Develop and maintain network of skilled subcontractors for specialized work.
· Manage recycling, salvage and charitable giving operations.
· Prepare sales and job cost reports by source, size, type and category of loss and property.
· Conduct remediation, mitigation and contents related educational programs for the public and the insurance industry.
· Responsible for the oversight and management of the project cycle for mitigation projects.
· Provide direction and coordination of all field activities related to the crews and any coordinate subcontractors
· Knowledge of estimating the project through the use of Xactimate
· Maintain communication with the property owner and the insurance company; secure prompt payment.
· Managing the entire project schedule throughout the project lifecycle for remediation, contents and mitigation projects.
· Securing any unique materials, permits and/or equipment required to complete the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of insurance related fire and water restoration experience a plus
- Must have construction knowledge
- Must be competent in Xactimate
- Familiar with insurance regulations and qualifications
- Poses strong computer skills
- Must be able to handle large volume of claims in a timely manner
- Flexible schedule nights and weekend may be required
- IICRC or Clean Trust certificate training a plus
- Must be very proficient Word, Excel & Outlook
- College degree helpful but not required
F. Lax Construction is your preferred restoration solution in time of disaster. Founded in 1946, we offer over six decades of restoration experience to repair devastation caused by fire, water, tornado and all natural or man-made disasters. As an emergency response-based company centrally located in Ferndale Michigan, F. Lax Construction provides 24-hour emergency restoration.
Role: Water Mitigation - Contents Estimator
Apply for this job now.