Company: HAYS SENIOR FINANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Controls and Risk Lead
Job title: Controls and Risk Lead
Reporting to: Head of CFO Controls and Systems
Duration: 6 months
Responsible for driving multi million pound value and assurance from a cost base of £10 billion and an external revenue stream of £4 billion. Engagement responsibility will be with a large and complex stakeholder group (both internal and external) with diverse objectives, including and up to Board level and external executive level including the Audit and Assurance Committee. The post holder must be able to develop a controls and assurance strategy for organisations comparable to the best in class public and private sector organisations both in the UK and globally.
- Creation and validation of an assurance, compliance and ethics framework across all Business Units that aligns financial controls and operational controls through a revised pan policy network
- Latitude to create a risk and controls framework for the CFO, Board and Audit Committee that provides them with the assurance to publicly state the mechanics of internal governance and controls framework
- Proactive guidance and support for all senior managers (finance and operational) to manage the risk exposure consequences across all legal entities, and drive enhanced assurance for all financial statements, especially revenue collection (£4 billion) and cost processing and validation (£10 billion)
- Co-ordination of multi-disciplinary project support from all functional business areas in order to resolve severe control weaknesses and fraud-Provide insight and financial challenge to sub optimal end-to-end processes and control structures and provide advisory service to shape and achieve TfL's control objectives
- Shaping of a new code of Governance in conjunction with directors and senior managers, and harmonisation of Management System, Self Assurance Programme, and Risk Register into one central repository.
- Represent the CFO and Head of FSC in engagement with senior finance and non finance stakeholders, driving discussion and ownership of process efficiency, policy change, risk mitigation, and companies future end state for controls
- To provide inspirational leadership to achieve behavioural changes and to create a "can do" culture across the directorate.
Experience and Knowledge
- Broad and detailed knowledge of current best practice for control frameworks and financial controls in the UK private and public sectors, together with 'lines of defense' controls models
- Substantial exposure and implementation experience of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for SEC US listed organisations and/or UK Corporate Governance Code/Turnbull Report compliance for UK listed organisations
- Highly specialised and technical understanding of global COSO models and application to large complex matrix style organisations.
- Analysis and design of large corporate risk management strategies and methodology.
- Highly developed diplomacy skills able to understand, persuade, influence, and motivate senior management in order to drive change and behaviour in pursuit of an enhanced organisational controls structure.
If you are interested and would like to see a full job description, please respond with an up to date CV. If you are already in a contract, please feel free to recommend any colleagues/ friends who may be interested.