Wise Employment are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer for one of the UK's fastest growing retailers based in the Plymouth area. With exceptional customer-service at the core of the business, you will be joining a market-leading company at this exciting time when they have huge plans for expansion and growth.
You will work closely with the Buyer, supporting them in all aspects of the buying process, be that through attending buying appointments, UK and foreign travel as and when required and placing of orders. You will also be responsible for the negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers, who you will develop key relationships with. You will carry out market research and monitor competitor activity to ensure you have the right mix of products available.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- Achieve margin and product sell through targets
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through -
- Attending buying meetings with the Buyer
- UK & foreign travel where necessary
- Forecasting of stock & placing of orders
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers' absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Strong analytical excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the business offering.
- Understanding of retail industry trends and how to incorporate them.
Competitive Salary depending on experience
You will have previous buying experience in a retail environment. This is a position that requires a candidate to demonstrate previous commercial experience, exceptional judgement and decision making skills and an impressive eye for detail. Above all, a desire to work hard and progress within a growing business is what we are really looking for.
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and feel you meet the above requirements then please send us your CV to #removed# We look forward to hearing from you today!
Why work for Wise?
Wise Employment has weathered 25 years of the ever changing employment landscape and has adapted and evolved with the times, in order to support not only local employers but local people in finding work that they enjoy. Always passionately believing that the “Candidate is King”, this has been the ethos behind the Company from day one and we never forget the importance of the people we represent.