This is a long-term contract opportunity with our client in Tucson, AZ. Eligible candidates must be eligible to work as a W-2 hourly contractor without sponsorship. Additionally, only candidates currently residing within the State of Arizona will be considered.
This position is with AZDOT - Arizona Department of Transportation.
The PC/LAN Technician role within ADOT’s (Arizona Department of Transportation) is the face of ITG (Information Technology Group). These technicians are out with internal customers on a daily basis resolving issues and working as a liaison to other divisions within ADOT.
Server Support, Desktop support, support customers on the ADOT network; fix computer related problems; troubleshoot hardware problems; research and implement potential solutions; support agency’s warranty and non-warranty computer and printer repair work; and assist with assigned project tasks. Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation. Teach customers how to use PC related software and hardware. Implements software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations. Install and configure PC hardware, software and peripherals. Assist with major deployments of hardware and software. Monitors system reliability and availability. Attend section staff meetings. Complete mandatory training classes and other classes as assigned. Travel between sites to accomplish tasks. Perform preventive maintenance on hardware and software packages to include client and server platforms. Teach new staff members how to troubleshoot problems, setup and install, network related hardware, software and other peripherals. This position may require daily travel to work sites.
· General working knowledge of infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
· Ticketing and Department operating procedures
· Knowledge of Microsoft products including operating systems and Office
· Computer hardware configuration and repair knowledge
· Knowledge of Ethernet network topology to assist with troubleshooting network issues
· Knowledge of IT infrastructure industry standards and best practices
· Advanced troubleshooting skills
· Problem definition and alternative analysis skills
· Experience with Active Directory
· Experience with Windows 10
· Experience with Windows 7
· Experience with Server 2008 and Server 2012 engineering
· Experience with Backup solutions
· MS System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2
· Minimum 4 years of current working experience in an IT field
· Must have a current AZ Driver’s license with a good driving record
· Associate/Bachelor degree in a related field is preferred
· Strong customer service skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Excellent self-organization and time management skills
· Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
· Ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
· Ability to develop and write technical documentation
· Ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
· Ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
*This position will require extensive travel around the state for training. After training, travel will be limited to Tucson with an occasional travel to other parts of the state with possibility of overnight stays.
ABCS is one of the finest IT Executive and Contingent Workforce Staffing company in the United States that provides clients with comprehensive IT Staffing services and efficient solutions from our 2 offices located in San Jose, CA and Phoenix, AZ. We understand the value of time and its importance to each customer...our focus is to ensure completion of each project/SOW/Assignment, minimizing "down time" for our customers, meeting project timeline and exceeding customer expectations.
The Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council Certificate # WR03208
MBE Certified by CPUC, California Public Utilities Commission (VON: 15030026)
DBE certified by VTA California Unified Certification Program (File No: 040243)
Small Business Certified by GSA, The state of California.
Our Team consists of trained and committed Management Professionals divided into various groups. Our entire team has extensive experience and success in this service sector which allows ABCS to provide our clients with the best-customized solution and top tier quality service
Our Goal is to offer each customer a consultative partnership and customized industry-specific solutions to meet their business challenges, get maximum ROI, meet budgetary guidelines and achieve operational excellence, which in turn builds long-term business partnerships. Accomplished through a consultative and collaborative process to ensure success for our clients and ABCS. As a result, we are highly motivated in identifying top tier technology professionals that meet the expectations of our discerning customers.
Direct Hire, Contract Hire, Resource Management, Human Capital, Executive Leadership Recruitment, IT Executive Recruitment, Java, J2EE, Network Security, QA/QE Engineers, Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Hive, HBase, PIG, and Web Development.
Role: PC/LAN Technician
Apply for this job now.