- Examines pets and other animals for signs of illness or injury, provides routine care, and administers medication, under the supervision of the veterinarian.
- Holds or restrains animals during veterinary procedures.
- Cleans and maintains kennels, animal holding areas, examination or operating rooms, or animal loading or unloading facilities to control the spread of disease.
- Fills medication prescriptions.
- Assists veterinarians in examining animals to determine the nature of illnesses or injuries.
- Monitors animals recovering from surgery and notify veterinarians of any unusual changes or symptoms.
- Cleans, maintains, and sterilizes instruments or equipment.
- Examines animals to detect behavioral changes or clinical symptoms that could indicate illness or injury.
- Educates or advises clients on animal health care, nutrition, or behavior problems.
- Administers medication, immunizations, or blood plasma to animals as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Collects laboratory specimens, such as blood, urine, or feces for testing.
- Provides emergency first aid to sick or injured animals.
- Performs routine laboratory tests or diagnostic tests, such as taking or developing x-rays.
- Exercises animals or provides them with companionship.
- Performs office reception duties, such as scheduling appointments or helping customers.
- Performs hygiene-related duties, such as clipping animals' claws or cleaning and polishing teeth.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience as a veterinary technician
- Critical thinking
- Service orientation
- Social perceptiveness
- Complex problem solving
- Judgment and decision making
We are a veterinary clinic servicing the Cape Coral and surrounding areas.
Role: Veterinary Technician
Location: Cape Coral,
Apply for this job now.