This position will conduct internal food safety and facility audits and work with the quality assurance department resolving food safety and quality concerns. Individual will facilitate and execute quality assurance functions of the Kitchen and Production facility. Some of the primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and maintain facility quality systems in compliance with Revolution Food’s quality standards and policies.
- Lead the food safety, sanitation, technical services and laboratory functions on all shifts.
- Facilitate facility audits including the receiving, storage, cooler, freezer, cooking, production, pack out, and outside areas.
- Maintain systems for checking, validating and verifying process compliance, including, but not limited to SPC, HACCP Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan and Formula Control to provide production departments with tool necessary for daily operations.
- Ensure effective food safety and food quality training for plant team members and quality assurance staff.
- Advise the plant management team on food safety and food quality trends within the business and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Report the findings of food safety audits and analyze issues and implement solutions to GM.
- Enhancing food safety procedures at the facility
- Monitoring and documenting work-in-process ingredients and finished goods temperature on an hourly basis and maintaining the collected data
- Performing analysis checks of raw, work-in-process, and finished products through inspection. Analysis includes visual, weight, size, color, etc. on an hourly basis
- Collecting reports from other departments to solve external customer food safety concerns as directed
- Collecting daily retained samples.
- Weekly data collection and analysis from other departments
- Oversee external pest control operator on pest concerns and communicating recommendations to GM and Food Safety Director
- Work with all departments to prepare for external inspections.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, with an emphasis in Food Science, Microbiology, food engineering, Chemistry or related degree required.
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience in the food industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proficient on computer programs and software required
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desired
Founded in 2006, Revolution Foods serves fresh and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper meals to students in education programs nationwide, where two-thirds of these children are in low-income households. The meals are home-style and based on real food ingredients like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. We never use high fructose corn syrup, artificial trans fats, preservatives or anything artificial.
Our thousands of community hired employees are dedicated to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve get high-quality, healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Revolution Foods serves meals via local culinary centers to metro markets across the nation including California (Northern and Southern), Colorado, Houston (+San Antonio), Mid-Atlantic (D.C., VA, MD, DE), NY Metro Area (PA, NJ, NY, CT) and New Orleans; and we are expanding into new metro markets every year!
Role: Quality Assurance Specialist (Food Manufacturing)
Apply for this job now.