Must be able to work 2nd and 3rd shift when necessary.
Thank you for your interest in working with U.S. Security Associates, Inc. (USA). Before taking the time to complete the application and interview process, we request that you read the following information so you will have a clear understanding of what USA requires of all security officers, as well as what your duties would include if you were hired.
USA does not discriminate based on an applicant or employee’s disability and will engage in an interactive process to determine whether there is a reasonable accommodation available. If you have questions regarding an appropriate reasonable accommodation, please contact the Human Resources departme
USA thrives on our security guards being customer service oriented to ensure that we exceed our clients' expectations. Satisfied clients are the reason for our existence. It is up to each and every security guard to ensure that our clients are pleased with the service they receive.
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Provides escorts as necessary
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid state security officer license, if applicable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
- Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- He/she must be customer service oriented.
- The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
- He/she must embody U.S. Security Associates’ values as a highly visible representative of the branch and set high standards for him/her and others.
Position based in Field Operations. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
U.S. Security Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. U.S. Security Associates fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.
U.S. Security Associates, the market leading and wholly owned American safety and security services providers, with locally-responsive offices providing premier national security services and global consulting and investigations to customers in a range of industries.
Recognized for world-class customer service, leading-edge technology, and an enterprise approach to risk management, USA offers optimized security solutions to meet specific customer needs. USA is committed to building quality security and risk management programs that are Safe. Secure. Friendly.
USA's investment in a culture of excellence is reflected not only by BEST Awards from the Association for Talent Development, consistent ranking on the Training magazine Top 125, and technology-driven quality management system but also by the award-winning customer service delivered by the company's leadership team and security officers on a daily basis.
USA employs over 50,000 security professionals with diverse expertise and insight, ranging from entry-level security officers to some of the industry's best talent, from law enforcement, military and corporate security backgrounds.
We raised the bar for quality management with the help of a patented suite of integrated technologies that drive quality and accountability in our security service delivery processes. Cutting-edge technology is behind many of our proudest achievements, including top security company ranking for training, recognition for world-class customer service and technology-driven quality management system.
Today, U.S. Security Associates serves 5,300 clients in a wide range of markets and environments. We provide local responsiveness, national security services, and global consulting and investigations, wherever clients need Safe. Secure. Friendly. US Security Associates will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Role: Site Supervisor $15.00 per hour
Apply for this job now.