Our client, Adhesive Coating Technologies (ACT), is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team!
ACT, a pressure sensitive tape manufacturer, is located in Wheeling, Illinois.
- Report to the VP of Operations and directly manage a customer service representative.
- Work cross functionally with many departments.
- Establish process/procedures and best practices as it relates to various support areas of the business.
- Generate and issue customer invoices, apply customer payments, and record financial activity in general ledger.
- Establish payment plans for delinquent receivables.
- Receive and pay vendor invoices and record financial activity in general ledger.
- Manage relationship with payroll provider and record necessary entries in general ledger.
- Maintain monthly bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Perform month end close, including posting AJEs and preparing financial reports/analysis requested by management.
- Prepare/maintain documents required by accountants for assistance in fiscal-year end audit.
- Maintain a positive office environment that reflects the Company's culture and core values.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Procurement, Sales and Marketing teams to strengthen current customer relationships, expand into new opportunities, and help drive company strategy and core beliefs.
- BA or BS from an accredited college or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of experience in related field: General Office Manager, Accounting or Finance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other order entry programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to empower team members.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including decision making and time management.
- Ability to troubleshoot accounting challenges to reach a solution.
- Willingness to learn and grow and build a strong front office team to deliver on the company's financial goals in an ethical manner.
- Proven team player who helps create results as well as a positive team environment.
- Ability to prioritize projects and resolve problems independently.
- Detail orientated with a desire to exceed expectations.