• Supervises and coordinates, 2nd shift (3:30p to 12:00a) activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for a shipment by performing the following duties.
Please apply through our Company Careers Page: #-3a78-257b-bad0-42c99accf58a/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b2685e0a-c700-4163-aaba-d6af3b159aab
• Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
• Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
• Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded containers.
• Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Issues verbal and written instructions during daily shipping/receiving operation.
• Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
• Maintain department KPIs.
• Coach, train, and develop employees.
• Prepares employee scorecard and discuss their performance of a consistent basis.
• Maintains a clean and organized department.
• Knowledgeable of 5s, and continuous process improvement.
• Adjust errors and complaints.
• Responsible for all building security, including after-hours dealings with the security alarm company and police.
• Responsible for employee work schedules and ensuring enough employees are present during peak shipping time
• Responsible for training Assistant Manager and other employees on the correct way to utilize UPS Worldship
• Responsible for minimizing controllable warehousing costs (utilities, supplies, payroll hours, etc.)
• 5+ years of Warehouse and Supervisory experience
• Experience working in a warehouse setting.
• Prior management experience preferred. Experience with a system such as the AS400
• Must be able to lift 50lbs+
• Mastery of UPS Worldship for processing daily shipments
• Common sense approach to correct daily warehouse & shipping problems
Transtar Holding Company is an integrated and diverse portfolio of companies and brands offering worldclass customer service, distribution, and manufacturing/remanufacturing of aftermarket automotive products. Founded in 1975, the Transtar portfolio has approximately 2,000 employees and a distribution network of over 85 locations in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico. It also has an international division that serves a global network of aftermarket automotive distributors in more than 80 countries.
Role: Warehouse Supervisor 2nd Shift - Walton Hills, OH
Apply for this job now.