- Do you have a passion for sports coaching, and would like the opportunity to gain invaluable secondary school experience?
- Do you hold experience in working with children, in a youth or community setting?
- Are you looking to apply the skills developed into a sports teaching capacity?
A school in Birkenhead is looking for a Sports Coach, or individual with similar transferrable skills, to join the support staff on a temporary basis. The position advertised will focus on a number of different roles within the school itself. Examples of these roles are directly linked to supervising lessons when staff are away, as well as acting as a teaching assistant, both with regards to in the classroom and also within a sports capacity.
Working with a broad range of children, across a wide range of abilities and ages, the required applicant will be able to display a confident demeanour in dealing with a variety of issues. Some key aspects of the role will include:
- Assisting teaching staff with the preparation of educational resources for lessons, as well as actively supporting students as and when required.
- Aiding individuals development, through consistent pastoral support as well as offering guidance with regards to academic tasks.
- Helping children with behavioural issues and enforcing the school's policy with regards to behaviour expectations.
- Working with children with SEN, and helping to ensure that the needs of these individuals are efficiently catered for.
- Being able to effectively adapt to differing classes, as well as being versatile in their approach.