Company: HAYS SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Financial Service Organisation in Public Sector looking for Head of Legal based in Brighton (Managerial Role)
Your new company
Financial Services Organisation in Public Sector.
Your new role
- To provide expert technical input and advice to the Director and Heads of Case Management and Head of Compliance and Enforcement on complex or critical cases and be point of escalation for other leads.
- To identify issues of strategic legal significance and to escalate as appropriate.
- Oversee deployment of resource from legal team and in particular support Director of Enforcement, Director of Supervision and Head of Compliance and Enforcement with relevant team strategies.
- To Represent as required externally in relation to matters of a strategic significance. .
- To work collaboratively as part of, and contribute to relevant management groups. To build relationships across the legal team and wider organisation to ensure lawyers have a clear understanding of priority work activities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Managerial and leadership experience.
- Experience of operational planning.
- Demonstrable ability to understand and support the needs and aims of an organisation.
- Extensive experience providing consistent, clear, audience-tailored risk-based advice.
- High awareness of the pensions and regulatory environment (including public law issues) and its strategic trends and issues.
- Highly-organised, creative, resilient and self-motivated and able to prioritise a full portfolio of work and competing deadlines.
- Ability to Manage competing demands across a broad range of complex areas.
- Ability to Resolve competing views within the legal team and between teams.
- Acting autonomously and exercising sound legal judgments.
- Proactively identifying strategic risks, issues and opportunities leading to improved regulatory (including legal) outcomes
What you'll get in return
Competitive Base Pay and Compensation& Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.