Year by year, as our client continues to grow, they need to work as smart as they can. This role is within a fast-paced Utility/Construction environment where each day presents a different challenge with no day ever the same. They are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to join their team.
This position is key to managing the overall compliance of the business operations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the company's various accreditations including ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, Lloyds (GIRS, WIRS, NERS), CHAS, SMAS & Construction line
- Ensure company's compliance to Health & Safety at Work act 1974, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and other associated legislation
- Undertake RAMS, COSHH and associated safety documentation linked to our ongoing projects
- Completing regular Health and Safety compliance evaluations, inspections and audits at prescribed intervals - record outputs and liaise with management to ensure actions are completed
- Support the investigation of accidents, incidents and near miss events and share lessons learned
- Maintain records, minutes, registers and data as required
- Review and interpret health and safety performance data including close out of inspection and accident investigation reports, and provide reports as required
- Participate in the regular reviews and updates of the Project Health & Safety Management System, including but not limited to the Construction Phase Plan, Plant and Vehicle Management Plan, Emergency Plan and others as deemed necessary for the business
- Any other reasonable related Health & Safety related request from Directors
Key Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate would have:
- NEBOSH General / Construction Certificate
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Experience in Producing Construction Health and Safety Plans and associated supporting documentation
- Detailed understanding of Health and Safety legislation, regulations, ACOP's and guidance
- Construction Industry Experience and in particular application of CDM 2015
- Experience of working around utilities, construction plant, excavations, working at height, electricity and working adjacent to the public, plant person interface
- Knowledge of investigation (root cause analysis) techniques
- Understanding and knowledge of confidentiality requirements of role
- Strong and effective communication skills to deliver key safety messages
- Knowledge of how budgets are produced and how costs are defined for safety related issues
About our Client
Our client is a fully accredited Multi Utility connections company working nationwide across England, Scotland and Wales. They work closely with developers constructing new build domestic properties, commercial & industrial units. They also cater for every aspect of the market from full utility disconnections, diversions, relocation or alterations. They take a great deal of pride in offering great customer service wether you are an independent builder or a major construction company.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.