Sales Engineer - Carrier Ethernet
Job Description: Sales Engineer - Carrier Ethernet
Canoga Perkins is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer for our high end Carrier Ethernet NID Product Line. This position requires a person with a solid knowledge of Carrier Ethernet concepts and functionality and practical pre-sales technical marketing experience.
Reporting to: SIT Director
Job Functions: Sales Engineering
Employment Type: Full-time
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Industry: Telecommunication (Manufacturer)
* The successful candidate will work with our Carrier Ethernet Product team to provide customer facing pre-sales support and consulting for a variety of service providers, enterprise and other customers.
* Work with customers to understand and document their network designs, technical, implementation, deployment and operational requirements.
* Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high and low-level diagrams.
* Understand Canoga's Product Line, features, deployments, and competitive advantages.
* Running Proof of Concepts and Feature Testing on customer's site when necessary.
* Develop Technical Marketing presentations and solution briefs.
* Maintain a solid understanding of our position in the competitive landscape and market trends to be able to quickly identify solid opportunities.
* Create professional documents & presentations for internal use and customers.
* Provide technical responses and architectural input for RFP/RFI's.
* Seven or more years of professional technical marketing experience with a network equipment vendor.
* Good understanding of MEF and Carrier Ethernet concepts and functionality, IEEE standards and fundamental concepts of networking (queues, lookups, policing, shaping, etc).
* MEF-CECP certification is a plus.
* Experience with Service Providers or Mobile Service Operators.
* Experience with Network configuration automation (scripting with Perl, Python, Bash).
* Experience with Virtualization, Public and Hybrid clouds (vmWare, AWS, Microsoft Azure).
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff on a variety of advanced topics in a clear and concise manner.
* Capacity to function in a fast paced, dynamic, customer-facing environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
* Graduate degree a plus