PHEAA is seeking an OAS (Office Automation Support)/ Intel Administrator to join their team in Harrisburg, PA. This is an entry to mid-level technical position responsible for the administration and ongoing support of complex Intel/ESX computing environments, which are the foundation for all Agency computer services. Focuses on Intel/ESX Administration, VMware Virtualization technologies, IBM hardware and Disaster Recovery processes. The position requires teamwork skills to coordinate and support other system administrators, architects, and programmers within the Agency. Shift:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Salary:
Commensurate with Experience Job Responsibilities
Hardware and Software Administration
- Tier I and Tier II support for troubleshooting customer related technical issues within the Intel/ESX/SQL environments
- Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Provide technical assistance with installation of third party software
- Maintain documentation for all related software, hardware, and procedures
- Build virtualized servers in a clustered environment
- Schedule and facilitate major third party software application upgrades
Windows Server Administration
- Lead teams in support of incident management, project delivery, and compliance activities. Works with other I/T teams to understand business needs and requirements in order to deliver improvements to processes, projects, and services.
- Measure and track performance. Leads team to enhance performance and achieve targets. Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinate maintenance of Disaster Recovery retention policies. Collaborate with application owners to implement sound, reasonable backup and retention policies.
- Monitor service level agreements to maximize value to the business.
Perform operating system and hardware maintenance.
- Design, maintain, and document server configurations/layouts
- Build new servers using VMware/VSphere, and ESX Virtualization
- Coordinate various hardware and firmware upgrades for multiple hardware platforms
- Maintain VMware VSphere Management Consoles
- Coordinate/Develop upgrade strategies on Intel, ESX, and SQL platforms
- Apply emergency/hot fixes to Intel operating systems
- Ensure security guidelines are implemented and audited
- Troubleshoot various production/implementation issues involving a variety of Intel/ESX based software applications establishing root cause and recommending solutions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: Associate s degree in computer science or related field and three to five years of Intel/ESX experience or any combination of experience with training and /or certification.
- Thorough understanding of Intel/ESX environments, SQL clustered environments, Imaging Systems on Intel platform experience, Storage Area Network experience, and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Proficient in troubleshooting complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated experience successfully delivering complex initiatives, meeting quality and time expectations.
- Must be able to communicate at a highly technical level in order to work effectively with peers and other IT staff.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Preferred Qualifications: Recognized industry Administrator certification. Knowledge with Citrix and Cloud (AWS) Technologies.
- Physical Requirements and Work Environment -Provide 24/7 support as needed.
- If selected for a position, following a conditional job offer, all candidates for employment must be able to pass a criminal background check which are not an automatic bar to employment, a student loan check where all loans must be in good standing, and provide proof of education. Candidates for this position would need to obtain the Public Trust security clearance. For this level of clearance, the federal government has a requirement that all applicants possess U.S. citizenship
- provided by Dice